Hall of Fame
The ICGSA Hall of Fame started in 1996 with the charter inductees Mel Young, Priscilla Dillow, Patricia Roy, Dr. Don Shondell and Steve Shondell. Currently, there are 35 distinguished men and women in the HOF that have had an incredible impact on high school volleyball in our state.
The IHSVCA is honored to continue the recognition of the ICGSA Volleyball Hall of Fame.
Click here to see the all-time Hall of Fame Honorees.
To recognize outstanding contributions from individuals who have promoted Indiana High School Volleyball within the State of Indiana.
1. Nominees must have demonstrated commitment, service, and dedication and have made a considerable contribution to the sport of volleyball in Indiana. All nominees will be judged on their lengthy and distinguished career and their accomplishments must have been significant for recognition.
2. Nominees must be active or retired coaches who were or currently are IHSVCA members and have coached a minimum of 10 years of varsity volleyball in Indiana. Nominees may have a combined total of 15 years coaching volleyball OR are non-high school coaches who have made major contributions promoting Indiana High School Volleyball. Examples include, but are not restricted to: trainers, referees, Olympic-level athletes, writers, broadcasters, sport pioneers, public address announcers, junior high coaches, assistant coaches, association contributors, etc.
1. An IHSVCA member nominates a candidate by filling out the following form. If possible, please upload a current headshot picture of the nominee. We understand that some information may not be easily accessible. If the information is not known, please respond n/a. Non-members must act through an IHSVCA member to place a nomination.
2. Two-page nomination letter including the following: name of the nominee, schools (past/present) of coaching, career record, tournament championships (all levels), coaching awards, service awards, and any other important information that would be significant in their nomination.
3. Nominations must be submitted by the deadline listed.
4. A 2/3 vote of approval by the Executive Committee of the IHSVCA needed for acceptance.
5. The number of inductees should not exceed five per year.
6. All nominees will be contacted by the third week of October.
7. Hall of Fame ceremony will be coordinated with the All-State Banquet prior to the state tournament.
8. Nominee not named to the Hall of Fame will remain on file for five years.