HOW CAN YOU ENGAGE? HERE ARE SOME STEPS THAT CAN HELP YOU:
1. CHOOSE A MATCH during the week of September 30 – October 8. NOTE: Coaches/teams can participate in more than one match during the week if you choose to do one as the Home team and work with another school as the Visiting team.
2. COORDINATE WITH THE OPPOSING COACH/TEAM to present a small token of appreciation – goodie bag(s) or certificate of appreciation or something agreed upon – prior to the match before the coin toss. Please include both coaches/teams in the presentation. You can also post signs or banners, ex. THANK YOU TO TONIGHT’S OFFICIALS! WE APPRECIATE ALL YOU DO FOR VOLLEYBALL!
TO MAKE THIS A POSITIVE EXPERIENCE FOR ALL, PLEASE DO NOT PUBLISH NAMES OF OFFICIALS ON PROGRAMS, FLYERS, OR BANNERS.
3. TAKE PICTURES. HOME team is responsible for pictures. A photo that includes the officials, the coaches, and BOTH teams is highly recommended.
4. POST 1-2 pictures to Twitter/social media and tag @AVCAVolleyball, #OFFICIATIONWEEK, @IHSAAvb and @IHSVCA
5. THANK YOU for showing appreciation to our volleyball officials. Play ball!
WANT TO HELP RECRUIT NEW OFFICIALS AND LEARN WAYS TO RETAIN CURRENT OFFICIALS…
CHECK OUT THESE RECRUITMENT & RETENTION STRATEGIES FOR OFFICIALS FROM THE NFHS