The Indiana Boys Volleyball Coaches Association was establish in 1994 to allow the opportunity for boys in Indiana to play the fabulous sport of volleyball. Mel Young of Richmond High School wanted to start “something special for the boys”. Those people knowing Mel, knew that once he got something in his head and his heart, it was going to come true.
The purpose of the Indiana Boys Volleyball Coaches Association as determined by the executive board is to provide the following:
- To promote and to improve the mutual interest of boys’ high school volleyball coaches in Indiana.
- To serve as an advisory group for its members for the development of existing and new Indiana High School Boys Volleyball teams.
- To serve as an educational medium for its members by promoting high school boys volleyball by involvement with the media, Indiana High School Athletic Association, principals, athletic directors, other coaches associations and other related organizations for the betterment of boys’ volleyball
- To develop, foster and maintain standards for professional proficiency and ethics.
- To encourage mutual understanding, cooperation, and assistance between members of the Association and other individuals and organizations directly and indirectly involved in the promotion of boys volleyball.
- To schedule, promote, organize, and conduct an Annual Indiana Boys’ Volleyball State Championship Tournament.
- To schedule, promote, organize and conduct an Annual Indiana Boys’ Volleyball All-Star Match.